2-Day Country Life Experience
Local Bus Trip in Tokyo
Tour date: 11th~12th April, 2020
This area, which is called Nishitama, is a neighborhood located to the west of the metropolitan area in Tokyo. There are mountains, rivers, good old Japanese culture and sound of nature instead of crowds, skyscrapers and bustle of a city. It's a part of a national park.
In such surroundings, people and nature coexist in harmony.
Day 1 ~Viewing Cherry Blossoms and
Stencil Dyeing Experience~
1. Cherry Blossoms at a bus stop
There are two big weeping cherry trees, known as shidaresakura in japanese, behind the bus stop.
The bright pink-colored flowers along drooping branches beautifully cover a top of the stop in April.
That looks amazing and also totally instagrammable.
2. Stencil Dyeing Experience
Mr. & Ms. Shigeta remodeled the old traditional Japanese house on the mountain and "Dyehouse Shigeta" have been opened. Depending on the season, different natural materials like flowers and leaves are used as dyestuff.
In this workshop, you will handwrite your own design and cut the stencil into the pattern before dyeing a towel with a brush.
Your work will be a good souvenir for sure!
*We will dye towels, not t-shirts.
3. Kazumanoyu Hot Spring
A popular public hot spring among the locals and hikers.
That hypotonic alkaline water will beautify your skin.
Jacuzzi, saunas and open-air baths are also available to relax.
After bathing, we will have a dinner at the restaurant in the in the facility.
4. Stay at Guesthouse Hembori-doh
This old folk house is located at an elevation of 500 m and has now opened as a guest house to welcome anybody who is interested in an experience of a rural life with others.
The living room is an open space for anybody so that a variety of activities is sometimes held in the space by locals.
It will be a good opportunity to communicate with local people on the mountain.
Day 2 ~Zazen Meditation and
1. Gyokudenji Temple
We're going to do Zazen Meditation in front of a Zen garden. Zazen is a form of meditation performed in a cross-legged sitting posture. This is practiced in Zen Buddhism to attain the ideal state of supreme enlightenment.
And we will have a rice porridge for breakfast. Monks usually have this after their meditation as a part of the practice.
2. Ryushuin Temple
The mountain temple was founded in 1363 and the highlight of this temple is spring. Many type of cherry blossoms, azaleas, and rape blossoms bloom and it's just like a flower paradise.
3. Bathing Foot in Hot Spring
Awarded one of the best hot springs, "Seotonoyu" hot spring is good for your skin as it contains highly alkaline.
Bathing foot in a hot spring gets your whole body warm without taking all your clothes off by promoting blood circulation. There are many nerves in foot as known as a second heart, so you can also expect relaxing and detoxification effects.
4. Lunch at Local Restaurant
The restaurant offers homemade vegetables on a big plate with beautiful decoration. They also serve very local sake brand Kisho.
*We will visit other restaurants when this restaurant is not available.
- English-speaking guide
- Transportation during the tour (Train and local bus)
- 1 Breakfast (At the temple)
- 2 Lunch (Day 1:Lunch box)
- 1 Dinner (At the hot spring facility)
- Accommodation (Guesthouse)
- Admission fees
- Travel Insurance
Departure Point & Time
- JR Shinjuku Station
East Exit next to KOBAN (Police Box) at 7:30am
*We will go to the local station by train.
Return Point & Time
- JR Shinjuku Station at 5:00pm(approx.)
*We will come back to the JR Shinjuku station by train.
- If you cancel at least 14 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel between 8 and 13 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure,
there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
- If you cancel within 7 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
- If you have any allergies or dietary restrictions, please let us know when you book.
- Please note that the tour itinerary and order may change.
- Due to weather conditions, natural disasters or any other special conditions, we could cancel tours.
When we cancel the tour, we will refund all the tour cost you paid.
- JPY ¥ 42,000 (4 or more travelers)
*This tour will be cancelled if we don't get the minimum number of people.
Tour Code : S1046