2-Day Mt. Mitake Hiking &
River Rafting Tour
Best season: April ~ October
This area, which is called Nishitama, is a neighborhood located to the west of the metropolitan area in Tokyo. There are mountains, rivers, good old Japanese culture and sound of nature instead of crowds, skyscrapers and bustle of a city. It's a part of a national park.
In such surroundings, people and nature coexist in harmony.
Day 1 ~Mt. Mitake Hiking~
1. Take a Cable Car to Climb Up to Mt. Mitake
Take a ride on the steepest cable car in the Kanto region which gains 407m of elevation over a distance of 1,107m.
2. Musashi Mitake Shrine
About 30 minutes walk from the station, the Musashi Mitake Shrine is located on the peak of Mount Mitake and said to be founded over 2,000 years ago.
On the way to the shrine, you will find many historic shukubo lodgings, some souvenir shops and restaurants.
3. Trekking at Rock Garden
About two hours moderate hiking to the Rock Garden which is the small beautiful valley where pristine water flows over mossy rocks. Also there are sacred waterfalls, natural landmarks and you may see "kamoshika" Japanese serow if you are lucky.
4. Stay at "Shukubo" Pilgrim's Lodging
Mt. Mitake has long been worshiped as a sacred mountain and Shukubo lodgings are accommodations originally for pilgrims. There are still more than 20 Shukubo remained.
Experience real Japanese culture in a homely atmosphere, having traditional Japanese cuisine and sleeping on tatami mats.
Day 2 ~River Rafting~
1. River Rafting
Enjoy paddling and floating down the Tama river on a rubber boat. Feel relaxed by hearing the voices of water and trees. On the other hand, a rapid stream and jumping into water from rocks will make you excited. The river also gives us beautiful views of cherry blossoms in spring and autumn leaves along the river.
2. Lunch at Soba (Buckwheat) Noodle Restaurant
Served with Tempura (fried vegetables), Soba noodle is popular over here because of the fresh water from rivers and spring water.
*We will visit other restaurants when this restaurant is not available.
- English-speaking guide
- Transportation during the tour (by train and local bus)
- 2 Lunch (Day 1 & 2)
- 1 Dinner (Day 1)
- Accommodation with breakfast
- Admission fees
- Travel Insurance
Departure Point & Time
- JR Shinjuku Station
East Exit next to KOBAN (Police Box) at 8:30am
*We go to the local station by train.
Return Point & Time
- JR Shinjuku Station at 3:30pm(approx.)
*We come back to the JR Shinjuku station by train.
- If you cancel at least 14 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel between 8 and 13 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure,
there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
- If you cancel within 7 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
- If you have any allergies or dietary restrictions, please let us know when you book.
- Please note that the tour itinerary and order may change.
- Due to weather conditions, natural disasters or any other special conditions, we could cancel tours.
When we cancel the tour, we will refund all the tour cost you paid.
- JPY ¥ 66,000 (4 or more travelers)
- JPY ¥ 75,000 (3 travelers)
- JPY ¥ 93,000 (2 travelers)
Tour Code : S1031