1-Day Mt. Mitake Hiking
& Sake Brewery Tour
Best season: Spring ~ Autumn
This area, which is called Nishitama, is a neighborhood located to the west of the metropolitan area in Tokyo. There are mountains, rivers, good old Japanese culture and sound of nature instead of crowds, skyscrapers and bustle of a city. It's a part of a national park.
In such surroundings, people and nature coexist in harmony.
1. Take a Cable Car to Climb Up to Mt. Mitake
Take a ride on the steepest cable car in the Kanto region which gains 407m of elevation over a distance of 1,107m.
2. Musashi Mitake Shrine
About 30 minutes walk from the station, the Musashi Mitake Shrine is located on the peak of Mount Mitake and said to be founded over 2,000 years ago.
On the way to the shrine, you will find many historic shukubo lodgings, some souvenir shops and restaurants.
3. Lunch at "Shukubo" the pilgrim’s lodging
Mt. Mitake has long been worshiped as a sacred mountain and there are still more than 20 Shukubo remained.
They serve "Oshi-ryori" a traditional dish which has been served for pilgrims.
*We will visit other restaurants when this restaurant is not available.
4. Ozawa Sake Brewery
Founded in 1702, Ozawa Sake Brewery is the oldest sake maker around this area, standing amongst the scenic beauty of the Tama River, Tokyo. Tour the brewery where over 300 years of sake-making traditions are passed down through generations.
*We will visit other sake breweries when this brewery is not available.
- English-speaking guide
- Transportation during the tour (Trains)
- Admission fees
- Travel Insurance
Departure Point & Time
- JR Shinjuku Station
East Exit next to KOBAN (Police Box) at 7:00am
*We go to the local station by train.
Return Point & Time
- JR Shinjuku Station at 5:30pm(approx.)
*We come back to JR Shinjuku station by train.
- If you cancel at least 14 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel between 8 and 13 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure,
there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
- If you cancel within 7 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
- If you have any allergies or dietary restrictions, please let us know when you book.
- Please note that the tour itinerary and order may change.
- Due to weather conditions, natural disasters or any other special conditions, we could cancel tours.
When we cancel the tour, we will refund all the tour cost you paid.
- JPY ¥ 24,000 (4 or more travelers)
- JPY ¥ 29,000 (3 travelers)
- JPY ¥ 35,000 (2 travelers)
Tour Code : S1039