1-Day Zazen Meditation, Soy Sauce
& Sake Brewery Tour
Best season: Spring ~ Autumn
This area, which is called Nishitama, is a neighborhood located to the west of the metropolitan area in Tokyo. There are mountains, rivers, good old Japanese culture and sound of nature instead of crowds, skyscrapers and bustle of a city. It's a part of a national park.
In such surroundings, people and nature coexist in harmony.
2. Traditional Folk House
There is one traditional house built in the early 18th century with a thatched roof on a mountain.
A small monorail car takes us to this historical architecture located at an altitude of 750 meters. This vehicle slowly goes up on a steep slope and it’s so exciting.
You will see the inside of the important cultural property and a life style of those days.
1. Gyokudenji Temple
We're going to do Zazen Meditation in front of a Zen garden. Zazen is a form of meditation performed in a cross-legged sitting posture. This is practiced in Zen Buddhism to attain the ideal state of supreme enlightenment.
And we will have a Buddhist vegetarian cuisine, Shojin Ryori.
*We will visit other restaurants when Shojin Ryori is not available.
3. Soy Sauce Brewery "Kondo Jozo"
Kondo Jozo - Soy sauce brewery produce their products by traditional methods that has been handed down for about 100 years. Tour the brewery and learn how to make soy sauce and get bottles of soy sauce at their shop.
4. Sake Museum at Nakamura Sake Brewery
Traditional Wooden tools that were formerly used for making sake, are on display. Learn a traditional style of making sake. After that, sampling sake will be available.
- English-speaking guide
- Transportation during the tour (Train and chartered vehicle)
- Admission fees
- Travel Insurance
Departure Point & Time
- JR Shinjuku Station
East Exit next to KOBAN (Police Box) at 8:00am
*We go to the local station by train.
Return Point & Time
- JR Shinjuku Station at 6:00pm(approx.)
*We come back to the JR Shinjuku station by train.
- If you cancel at least 14 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel between 8 and 13 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure,
there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
- If you cancel within 7 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
- If you have any allergies or dietary restrictions, please let us know when you book.
- Please note that the tour itinerary and order may change.
- Due to weather conditions, natural disasters or any other special conditions, we could cancel tours.
When we cancel the tour, we will refund all the tour cost you paid.
- JPY ¥ 35,000 (4 or more travelers)
- JPY ¥ 43,000 (3 travelers)
- JPY ¥ 58,000 (2 travelers)
Tour Code : S1042