Tour Code: JSG001
[Akigawa River Course]
1-Day Akigawa Excursion
Best season: Spring ~ Autumn
(Except Mondays and Tuesdays)
Price per Group
JPY ¥ 185,000 for 6-8 people
JPY ¥ 171,500 for 3-5 people
JPY ¥ 135,000 for 1-2 people
1. Hossawa Waterfalls
This waterfall is one of the major spots in Hinohara Village and has been known as one of "the Japan's 100 Best Waterfalls. Enjoy seasonal scenery like the lighting up during the summer festival and frozen waterfalls with ice sculptures naturally-formed in the winter.
2. Traditional Folk House
There is one traditional house built in the early 18th century with a thatched roof on a mountain.
A small monorail car takes us to this historical architecture located at an altitude of 750 meters. This vehicle slowly goes up on a steep slope and it’s so exciting.
You will see the inside of the important cultural property and a life style of those days.
4. Kanotoiwa Rock
It is designated as a natural monument of Tokyo.
"Kanotoiwa" means "the god's rock door" in Japanese since the rocky path in between the huge cliffs looks like a half-opened gate leading the god's land.
Visitors can enjoy climbing on the path along the river while holding onto a chain.
3. Lunch at Local Restaurant
The restaurant offers homemade vegetables on a big plate with beautiful decoration. They also serve very local sake brand Kisho.
*We will visit other restaurants when this restaurant is not available.
5. 12 meter tall statue of Buddha
The second tallest Great Buddha in Japan, following the Great Buddha of Nara, has been unveiled at Houkouji Temple in 2018. Let's see the brand-new bronze statue.
6. Ishikawa Sake Brewery
Established in 1863, Ishikawa Sake Brewery is a distinguished sake maker that brews beer besides sake. There are many Kura buildings, which are traditional storehouses in Japan and used as brewing facilities by Sake breweries. Those buildings were built during the 19th and 20th century
and nationally registered a cultural heritage.
- English-speaking guide
- Transportation during the tour (Chartered vehicle)
- Admission fees
- Travel Insurance
Departure Point & Time
- JR Musashi Itsukaichi Station South Exit at 8:30am
*You can also choose a pickup or private transportation service from your hotel as an option.
Please ask us for the additional fee if your group needs the service.
Return Point & Time
- JR Haijima Station at 6:00pm(approx.)
- If you cancel at least 14 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel between 8 and 13 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure,
there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
- If you cancel within 7 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
- If you have any allergies or dietary restrictions, please let us know when you book.
- Please note that the tour itinerary and order may change.
- Due to weather conditions, natural disasters or any other special conditions, we could cancel tours.
When we cancel the tour, we will refund all the tour cost you paid.
Participation is subject to confirmation of the following
- You must not have been diagnosed with symptoms similar to those of the novel Coronavirus within two weeks of the date of participation
- No close contact with a person infected with the novel Coronavirus within two weeks of the date of participation
- Do not have a body temperature of 37.5°C or higher, or cold symptoms, and do not feel ill on the day of participation
*All participants will be asked to submit the pre-consultation check sheet and to measure body temperature in order to prevent the spreading of COVID-19 at the first check-in.
[Our countermeasures against COVID-19]
If you have traveled to or had close contact with an infected person in the past two weeks, or have symptoms similar to those of infection, please refrain from participating in the experience and cooperate in taking your temperature, disinfecting, and filling out your personal information on the day of the experience.
- Practice good health and hygiene measures such as wearing a mask in crowded areas and washing/sanitizing your hands, even if you are vaccinated.
- Maintain physical distancing.
- JPY ¥ 185,000 (6-8 travelers)
- JPY ¥ 171,500 (3-5 travelers)
- JPY ¥ 135,000 (1-2 travelers)
Tour Code : JSG001